Lachcha Paratha – Multi layered Indian flat bread.
Most of us love this dish, hows it if we prepare it at home, nothing can be much better.
No much effort needed for this, if u decide to make chapatti tonight, knead the dough an hour before u usually prepare the chappati dough and a bit more effort and gain all appreciations.
Paratha can be made from with different flavors.
Now let us see the ingredients and method to make the most favorite multi layered Lachcha Paratha.
1. All – Purpose flour (Maida) – 1/2 cup
2. Wheat flour – 1/2 cup
(If you wish to have only maida , u can replace the wheat flour with maida.)
3. Luke warm water or milk – 1 cup (Add little by little to knead the dough for the consistency of roti or chappatti dough)
4. Oil – 3 tbsp
5. Salt to taste.
2. Then knead the flour, using luke warm water or milk to a dough with the consistency of a roti dough, cover it with a wet cloth, close with lid and keep it aside for an hour.
3. After an hour, Knead the dough again slightly and divide it into smaller balls. Take each ball and flatten it on a chappatti making stone using a chappatti roller into a thin round sheet.
4. Brush oil on a face of the flattened sheet and dust this face with dry flour.
5. Fold this sheet in the form of a Japanese fan.
7. Start rolling the stretched dough from one end, when it is completed it will be like the picture
8. Keep the prepared dough aside for 15 min.
10. While heating on stove top, we can see that one side is done when air bubbles appear in the paratha, in this position turn the paratha for the other side to be done.
11. Apply oil to the done face , then turn the paratha again.
After both sides are done . Hmm u see u have delicious restaurant type Lachcha (multi layered) Paratha.
Isn’t it absolutely easy, not a big deal just a matter of bit more time. And when made at home healthier for sure. Friends do try this recipe and let me know if any issues come in.
Thanks Enjoy Cooking