Uttappam – is a south Indian Delicacy for Breakfast.
Actually it is made from fermented batter made of Rice and Dal. But if we don’t want all the mess and want it instant, dont worry there is a way out 😉 — U can make the very traditional uttappam with Semolina as well 🙂
This rava uttappam is very easy to make and can be made in 20 min
1. Rava – 1/2 Cup
2. Yogurt – 1/2 Cup
4. Tomato, Onion, Capsicum, Carrot (Any vegetable of ur choice and flavour)
5. Chilli powder and jeera.
6. Green chilli, ginger – finely choped
7. Coriander leaves to garnish
1. Mix Rava, yogurt and water to make a batter with consistancy of a pan cake batter.
2. Add green chilli and ginger to the batter, Keep the batter aside for 20 min on the counter.
3. Chop vegetables of your choice (some chopped capsicum, grated carrots and grated cheese) or simple tomato and onion. You can experiment different combinations for your self, and share with us.
4. When the batter is ready, heat a non stick skillet , or any skillet u use to make dosa.
5. Pour a ladleful of batter, and spread a bit (Please don’t spread too much as for a masala Dosa :()
6. Put the vegetables over the batter and press a little, u can simple add chilly powder and jeera — anyways your choice 🙂
7. Sprinkle some oil around the batter, and cover it with a lid.
8. When one side is done, carefully turn it over.
9. When the other side is also done , care fully transfer it to a serving plate.
Tip: what i generally do to avoid loosing the vegetables, I keep a serving plate over the skillet, and turn the skillet over the plate to transfer the uttappam.
Serve it hot with puthena (mint) or tomato chutney. Enjoy a quick and healthy breakfast 🙂